MEP Hangers (previously named Smart Hangers) enables the instant large-scale insertion of hangers and supports throughout a Revit® model for ducts, pipes, cable trays, and conduits. You get accurate bills of materials and builders work drawings, and accurate on-site assembly thanks to BIM-to-Field features.
The software uses simple yet highly flexible rules to select the relevant Revit® MEP systems and add (or modify) needed hangers or supports with their various connections. They can be distributed as a fixed number per segment or based on the distance between bearing points.
MEP Hangers can split ducts, pipes, cable trays, and conduits into predefined lengths as needed, and marks all service components for fabrication. For on-site precision and efficiency, it exports bearing points to Trimble or TopCon tools and drilling robots.
- Automatically distributes hangers and supports throughout a Revit® model for ducts, pipes, cable trays, conduits, and line-based generic model families.
- Uses predefined and customizable rules to distribute exactly the way you need.
- Automatically sizes hangers and supports according to MEP service size.
- Automatically connects to architectural or structural elements (like walls, floors, roofs, beams, etc.).
- Automatically adjusts to accommodate sloped MEP services or sloped structural elements or reference planes from the current or a linked project.
- Splits MEP services into segments by predefined lengths that come from the manufacturer.
- Enhances BIM teamwork and deliverables for integrated project delivery (IPD). Works with IFC format files!
- One-click shop drawing generation.
- Gravity point foundation according to hanger material.
If you have hundreds or thousands of hangers and supports to insert into your Revit® model, MEP Hangers is just the solution for you.
Plumbers, HVAC engineers, fire protection engineers, electricians Distribute hangers and supports on all MEP line-based elements
Experienced BIM Managers Control BIM model and clash detection
New Revit® users Easily distribute hangers and supporting elements instead of using basic Revit tools
Smart Browser’s scalability lets you get the type of content management functionality that previously only the biggest BIM teams could afford. Plus some powerful unique features and AGACAD’s legendary customer support to help you take full advantage of them.
In short, get just what you need when you need it, in a system that can grow smoothly along with your team and Revit projects. From a small team (or even a single user) to a mid-size office or a very large organization with hundreds of users and complex management.
Papieren bouwtekeningen zijn niet meer nodig. En dat is handig voor uitvoerders, onderaannemers en andere werklieden die op locatie werken. Geen volle tekeningdozen of zware projectmappen meer! De meest courante projectgegevens zijn altijd direct beschikbaar.
Possibility of working with IFC files
Export data to external software
More detailed analysis of intersections between different parts of your project
Simple to manage model and hanger modifications
Option to create your own distribution rules
Complementary sample hanger library containing hangers for ducts, pipes, cable trays, and conduits
Easy and quick distribution of hangers, supports, and splitting elements
Time to distribute 100 hangers? Less than 5 seconds.
Generate shop drawings in one click
MEP Hangers (previously named Smart Hangers) provides a set of tools for distributing hangers and supports along ducts (round or rectangular), pipes, cable trays, conduits, or other line-based generic model elements.
MEP Hangers allows users to work with functionality beyond that contained in Autodesk® Revit®. This BIM solution expands the Autodesk possibilities and lets users work with hundreds of elements at the same time. With MEP Hangers, Revit users can distribute hangers and supports along line-based elements using the most popular distribution rules.
This application for Revit allows users to find the distance between elements, define start and end distances, and select the manner of distribution. Users can also predefine the structures to which hangers and supports should be attached. Need to split a duct? No problem. MEP Hangers offers many splitting possibilities that follow the same rules as for hanger distribution. This solution has exclusive functions distributing hangers and supports in Revit MEP projects.
MEP Hangers works with specially generated families that have variable parameters. Using such families, users can distribute hangers and supports that will attach to any structure. This solution also works with IFC files if the IFC is imported correctly.
- Allows designers to quickly & easily distribute hangers and supports in a BIM model.
- Customizable placing rules allow you to locate hangers or supports on ducts, pipes, cable trays, conduits, or other line-based generic model elements.
- The most popular rules are already created for placing hangers or supports, but the user can still modify or create new ones.
- Hangers and support can be attached vertically or horizontally to sloped roofs, floors, structural foundations, structural framing, walls, or even reference planes from the current or linked project.
- Hangers and support can be attached vertically or horizontally to roofs, floors, walls in the current or linked Revit project | MEP Hangers
- Hangers or supports can be distributed according to structural framing or lines that are above/below ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduits.
- Updates hangers or supports if there are any changes in the project.
- MEP hangers horizontal connection in Revit model
- Multi-run hanger possibility
- Simple tool splits ducts, pipes, cable trays, conduits, or other line-based generic model elements into segments according to manufacturer’s specified lengths.
- Option to distribute hangers or supports along ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduits that come with IFC format.
- Inserts gravity points on elements.
Looking at the design process from the BIM perspective – all parts of the building should be included in the project. The building should be modeled in the software in the same manner as it will be built. All the parts should be included in the model.
MEP design is only one part of the work in a project. Another part is how the MEP elements should connect to the structural elements. It is a real headache for engineers, as this is quite an important part of the project. Sometimes, MEP element distribution must be revised due to hanger clashes or absence of structural parts for hangers to connect to.
Using MEP Hangers software, you do not need to manually distribute hanging or supporting elements for line-based MEP objects like ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduits. The distributed elements will be attached to any type of structure as well.
Since Autodesk Revit software does not have integrated splitting functionality for MEP line-based elements, MEP Hangers BIM Solution can take care of splitting ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduits into predefined lengths. This solution also supports IFC format.
MEP Hangers BIM Solution is software for automatically distributing hangers and supports throughout a Revit® project. It is not a family library. To help new users get started, however, we provide a limited complementary library upon license purchase. These sample families may be used directly in a project or serve as a basis for creating your own hanger and support families.
MEP Hangers helps Revit® users avoid many headaches
Revit users spend a lot of time designing support and hanger systems for ducts, pipes and cable trays manually. BIM solution MEP Hangers can solve all of the below mentioned headaches of Autodesk® Revit® users by automating many time-consuming routine tasks in MEP design.